Book from USA/Canada : 1 800 888 4747
You call from another country ? Click here
In 1758 the eminent architect Jacques-Ange Gabriel drew up the plans for the future 'Place Louis XV', including two palaces of nearly one hundred metres in length, fronted by a Corinthian colonnade. One of the palaces was initially the home to the Duc d'Aumont, who decorated it sumptuously in the typical French style of the period. In 1788, the Comte de Crillon acquired it, and gave it his name. The Crillon remained a family home until 1907, before being turned into a hotel in 1909.
Over the centuries, the Hôtel de Crillon has seen Paris transformed and enriched. From the hotel's terraces guests can admire the Concorde bridge, completed in 1790, the Rue de Rivoli, which was started in 1802, the fountains in the square and the Obelisk of Luxor, which dates from the time of Ramses II (eighth century BC). Later, the Eiffel Tower made its appearance to be joined more recently by the Grande Arche at La Défense and the Louvre pyramid. The Hôtel de Crillon offers its guests Paris in its entirety.